Monday, June 10, 2013


I just recently started working on the longcase clock again, as I had other repairs that needed hide glue. So far, I've glued-up, puttied, and painted (touched-up) the swan neck crest for the clock, which you can see partially repaired below.

I also took the time to repair one of two wooden works clocks that were damaged during my move in 2010. This one is a Samuel Terry which I had restored several years ago. All the top pieces are new reproduction pieces that were made to replace the missing originals. They were originally glued-down with hide glue, but they snapped off. I still have to finish painting the reverse glass tablet, but otherwise the clock is about 90% complete, including new tin covers, new square weights, an old bob, and a replaced bone escutcheon and key.

More soon.