Monday, June 10, 2013

News

I just recently started working on the longcase clock again, as I had other repairs that needed hide glue. So far, I've glued-up, puttied, and painted (touched-up) the swan neck crest for the clock, which you can see partially repaired below.



I also took the time to repair one of two wooden works clocks that were damaged during my move in 2010. This one is a Samuel Terry which I had restored several years ago. All the top pieces are new reproduction pieces that were made to replace the missing originals. They were originally glued-down with hide glue, but they snapped off. I still have to finish painting the reverse glass tablet, but otherwise the clock is about 90% complete, including new tin covers, new square weights, an old bob, and a replaced bone escutcheon and key.



More soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your Samuel Terry is much like my E Terry, i lucked out when i bought mine. You sure have a great collection of clocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin. I need to completely re-vamp (or remake) my clock website, re-photograph all my clocks, and even sell/get rid of some of the crappier ones, or ones I no longer enjoy. Sadly the prices for clocks has dropped dramatically in recent years.

      Delete