Friday, July 3, 2015

A Small Project - French Carriage Clock Conversion

This is a small project that I worked on this past week. My client (an antiques restorer and friend) had an old (empty) small French carriage clock case, and he asked me if I could fit a quartz movement into it.



I built a dial base and stand combo from 1/8" Masonite (hardboard) and glued a small section of pine to the base. The stand was painted gloss black, and drilled on the bottom strip for two small screws (which pass through two existing holes in the base). The dial was printed on heavyweight glossy photo paper, and small hands were fitted. The hands are not the best style, but they're all I had on hand.

Overall, I'm very happy with how this turned out. It's a very small clock, so I was lucky that the movement fit in the case. The dial is under 2" and the clock is about 4 1/2" tall without the handle.



No comments:

Post a Comment